Robert E. Doan
Robert Doan is board certified in construction law by the Florida Bar and is a Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator. He attended the University of Florida on a Florida Academic Scholars scholarship, where he participated in the undergraduate honors program and was selected for membership in Florida Blue Key. He remained in Gainesville after earning his bachelor's degree and attended the University of Florida Law School. Upon graduation, Mr. Doan accepted an associate attorney position in the construction litigation department of the West Palm Beach law firm of Boose, Casey, Ciklin, Lubitz, Martens, McBane & O'Connell.
Mr. Doan maintains an active mediation and law practice throughout North and Central Florida based out of his office in Gainesville, FL. He mediates cases in most civil dispute subject matters with the exception of family law. He also represents general contractors, subcontractors, trades, design professionals and owners in construction and real estate matters.
After more than a decade of litigating construction and real estate claims, Mr. Doan developed a legal services program for the construction industry designed to provide smaller companies the type of accessible legal counsel normally only available to companies that can afford full time in-house counsel. For more information on the construction and real estate services provided, click here.
Mr. Doan teaches continuing education courses to the construction and real estate industry, and has served on multiple occasions as a guest lecturer at the University of Florida College of Building Construction and the College of Law. He is currently the Secretary of the Florida Bar Construction Law Committee and Vice-Chairman of the Legislative Subcommittee for Construction Law. Mr. Doan has served as a course material reviewer for the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Construction Law Institute, and will serve as a presenter at the Construction Law Institute and Construction Law Board Certification Review Course in March of 2013. In 2012, he was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in construction law.
After practicing law in West Palm Beach and Tampa, Mr. Doan returned to the Gainesville area in 2004 to be closer to family. Mr. Doan and his family thoroughly enjoy living and working in Gainesville. They spend their free time with outdoor activities and sports, and enjoying the cultural and athletic events that Central Florida has to offer.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Homeowner / Condo Association Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents - Plaintiff
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Construction Law, Florida Bar, 2008
- Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Honors: Florida Academic Scholars Scholarship
- Honors: Member, Florida Blue Key
- Construction Law, Contractors Exam School, 2006 - 2010
- Guest Lecturer, Construction Law, College of Building Construction, University of Florida, 2006 - 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, Construction Law Committee
- Florida Bar, Legislative Subcomittee, Construction Law Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Boose, Casey, Ciklin, Lubitz, Martens, McBane & O'Connell, Associate
- Fisher, Butts, Sechrest, Warner & Palmer, P.A., Attorney
- Mediator, Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator