Just because you have reached an agreement about property division and child custody does not mean that it is a wise decision to get a divorce without the representation of an experienced divorce lawyer. Even if you are seeking an uncontested divorce in which both parties have reached an agreement on all major issues, it is important to have an attorney prepare all the necessary documents and filings with the court and advise you about any potential issues that you may not have considered.
If you need legal representation in North Central Florida, contact the experienced divorce and family law attorneys at The Law Office of Silverman, Vorhis & Doan. To contact our Gainesville law office, call 352-240-1973, or contact us by e-mail.
Why Do I need an Attorney for an Uncontested Divorce?
Some couples make the mistake of choosing a paralegal or buying divorce forms off of the Internet. Choosing to represent yourself or going with a paralegal can be a costly mistake.
You want an attorney for several reasons:
- Your uncontested divorce could evolve into a contested divorce
- In Florida, a judge must approve your marital dissolution agreement
- You want an attorney who can advise you of your rights
- You want to receive a fair portion of the marital assets
- You may not have considered important issues, like division of joint debts
- Imprecise child visitation agreements could cause future problems
- Divorce is final - mistakes you make could cost you for life
Let an experienced professional handle your case and protect your rights. The cost of an uncontested divorce many not be nearly as expensive as you think and the peace of mind you gain is invaluable.
We offer a free consultation with an experienced divorce attorney that can help answer your questions and enable you to make an informed decision about how you wish to proceed. To schedule your appointment, call 352-240-1973, or toll free at 866-663-4902, or contact us by e-mail.